I'm love cutting, piecing and sewing.
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Friday, January 16, 2015
Lots of beautiful blocks are happening in my temporary studio, akay my son's office. Here are just a few that are going into a memorial quilt. These are the pattern blocks from "Cultural Fusion-Aelting Pot of Piecing Traditions" by Sujata Shah.
When I purchased Sujata Shah's book "Cultural Fusion Quilts-A Melting Pot of Piecing Traditions" I was thrilled to own a book from a fellow blogger who I'd been following for several years.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
- I love fusions of any kind. I rejoice in mixed marriages, gender equality and colorfully putting your face out there. Sujata's book delivers the mixing of colors ideology perfectly while you are gently encouraged to be yourself and explore her techniques.
- Sujata's style is freedom expressed in fabric, unpretentious and honest.
- I loved Sujata's story of her life and how she came to be in North America.
- Her directions are clear and direct.
- I made one block from the Rail Fence design on pg. 24 and it came out as indicated it should a 16 x 16 in. block. ( I didn't do any fussy this or that to make it that way )
- I used my own tools, I like it that you don't need to buy a bunch of more quilting tools to make something from the new book
- Cultural Fusion is a winner in my opinion because its got 15 Free Form patterns inside the covers of this book. These patterns are so diverse from each other that I know I will make more than one quilt from this book, so for my budget is happy with that.