Hi, I'm Carli and I'm a fabriholic.
I've been a quilter for two decades and it was only during our last move that I really began to realize how bad it was. I know this is very important step for me to take. I need to declutter my pallet of fabric. To me its a reawakening and I've got so much it must be done.
The bins contain years of seeking and finding just the right fabric for the kind of quilting art I make. I didn't really have much time to do more until recently. So here is goes, I'm culling my stash and let me know if you are interested in some awesome dated fabric.
Yes, I'm mot going to buy fabric for the first 6 months of 2014! WOW, I'm getting a little nervous and I'm resisting the pressure in my little brain to delete it. But know, once I make a statement I intend to keep it.
So our lovely, talented Jess of The Elven Garden has decided and taken action to cull her stash. So I'm getting on board too! Are you going to join us, be brave and take this important step.
What I'm saving for?
I am going to save my money for a new computerized office inside my studio!
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric.
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing. For me, this is going to mean I start saving for a long arm. That dream simply isn't going to happen while I spend every little bit of my quilty earnings on fabric. And it's a dream I desperately want to happen.
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning .
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation .
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
- Swap Mama Fabric: if hosting a swap you are permitted to by fabric to execute swap duties, but you may not join a swap simply for the sake of being able to buy fabric!
- Quilts for Publication: if you are making a quilt for a publication and need certain fabric to execute it correctly then that is a major exception - who can blame you?
If you are like us and would like to commit to not buying fabric next year, we would love the moral support. Solidarity in numbers and all that. We have a button you can grab: